Monday, March 2, 2015

Water Your Body - App's suggestion

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Assalamualaikum,



I was reading one of the emails from Productive Muslims when I stumbled upon the “5 ways to a healthier diet”. One that particularly important but yet is being overlook is the importance of drinking water.





Especially for the last couple of days, Malaysia is currently facing extreme hot weather, which makes it even more important for you to replenish all the water you lost to prevent dehydration. Apart from that, drinking water has tonnes of benefits that people seems to take for granted.



It is the easy way to keep your face looking good and hydrated. I believe putting moisturizer is just as important but drinking water can keep your face hydrated from the inside. :D


Not convincing enough?

Drinking water can also help control your calories and at the same time energize your muscles, preventing you from becoming lethargic and tired.

I’ve started drinking a lot of water since I had that bad allergy attack. I usually bring that 1.5L mineral water bottle anywhere I go for me to drink and finish for the day. It is hard the first time. I barely finish half of it and that makes me think “I don’t drink water a lot and this cannot be healthy”. But later on, it started to get easier and you do actually able to drink 1.5L of water in a day.

For someone who wants to start drinking a lot of water, I would suggest to drink water in small volume BUT make it often. Drink a cup of water for every hour, or you can drink juice or cordials in between (Try not to make this a habit. Instead try to train yourself to drink just plain water because you also need to keep your sugar intake in check!)

Caffeinated drinks are not helping since it makes your body loses water even more since it is diuretic (increase urine excretion). But as long as you drink more water when you take caffeinated drinks, it should be okay (since I also need my morning dose of caffeine every day).

*sigh* nothing beats a good coffee...or maybe just plain water? :P

But when you’re not used to drink water for every hour, you tend to forget to do so and can keep on doing work for hours long without getting that hourly water consumption.



I found this app called “Water your body” which I think is pretty neat! They tell you daily amount of water you need to drink based from your body weight (note: the issue of how much water you need every day is still debatable. So just take this as a rough estimation on the amount of water your body needs)





They also have reminders every hour to remind you to drink water and you can chart your daily water consumption whether you have reached your target for the day or not.


                                                 Chart your daily water intake and see if you drink enough water or not

It is a pretty neat app in my opinion. But one thing I do have problem with it is that you cannot adjust the setting for the notification. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t like the notification sound of pouring water. Hehe. But you won’t heard it if you put your phone on silent. It will just show that small cup icon showing that it’s time you drink water now.


So, to all those apps-lovers out there, go and download this app and at the same time keeping your body healthy and hydrated

No comments: